Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Road Home

I find solace in music. I remember when I was little, I would sit under the piano bench in our house as my mom played the piano and sang and I was so comforted by this. Still, even today, when I'm having a rough go at it or just need a release of some sort, I will often turn to music. I came across this little ditty a while back as I was perusing the ole YouTube and it quickly became one of my go-to mechanisms to relax and realize everything will work out.




The lyrics of the song are:

Tell me, where is the road
I can call my own,
That I left, that I lost
So long ago?
All these years I have wandered,
Oh when will I know
There’s a way, there’s a road
That will lead me home?

After wind, after rain,
When the dark is done,
As I wake from a dream
In the gold of day,
Through the air there’s a calling
From far away,
There’s a voice I can hear
That will lead me home.

Rise up, follow me,
Come away, is the call,
With the love in your heart
As the only song;
There is no such beauty
As where you belong;
Rise up, follow me,
I will lead you home.

I love the part where it says, "There is no such beauty as where you belong." As I find myself at a crossroads, I am hoping to find that place where I know I belong. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a certain someone, a voice if you will, that will say, "Rise up, follow me" and even though I may not know it at the time, it will be leading me home.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, that was touching. I almost cried. Thanks for sharing, Cody.

    ReplyDelete