Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eye's of Wonder

My last night in the mission field, all the missionaries who were leaving ate dinner and stayed the night in the mission home. The last time I had slept in the mission home prior to that night was my first night in Ukraine.

I remember looking out of the window and having a very surreal feeling. That night was my last one as a full-fledged missionary (my parents picked me up and they arrived the next day). I remember writing in my journal something like this (I don't have my journal with me right now so I can't say exactly what I wrote but this is close)- I can't sleep. I am sitting here, looking out of the mission home window, with eyes of wonder, trying to imagine how the last two years went by so fast and realizing how much I've changed.

There are times in each of our lives when I think we look around with eyes of wonder, being amazed at how we arrived wherever we are at. I find myself in that position right now. I look out of my window, right now, with eyes of wonder.


(The view from my window right now)

1 comment:

  1. It's all about perspective, huh? Life is pretty good, no matter what window we are looking through. Sometimes the window has better views... that's all. :) Cody... I'm glad you are now a blogger. I like reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete